Tony Labrusca Biography
Tony Labrusca is a Filipino-American actor, model, singer, and brand endorser. He was born in Houston, Texas-USA, and grew up in Los Angeles, California-USA. In the Philippines, he first gained popularity via McDonald’s Philippines TV advertisement “Tuloy Pa Rin” (2016).
He was part of the singing competition “Pinoy Boyband Superstar” (2016). After the singing competition, he starred in various movies and television shows in the Philippines.
Tony Labrusca is the son of Philippine actor Boom Labrusca and Philippine singer Angel Jones. When he was 9, his family moved to Vancouver, Canada. He then flew to the Philippines to pursue his career in show business. Before Labrusca auditioned for Pinoy Boyband Superstar, he already showed up in various TV commercials. He became more popular when he played the guy who broke a girl’s heart (Elisse Joson) in the viral McDonald’s TV ad entitled Tuloy Pa Rin in 2016.
During his audition in Pinoy Boyband Superstar, he was unexpectedly reunited with his biological father, model, and actor Boom Labrusca. He successfully became one of the top contenders and went up to the Top 7 for the grand finals. Unfortunately, he did not make it to the Top 5 as the final member of BoybandPH.
He made his acting debut in 2017 via TV5’s Wattpad Presents with Louise delos Reyes. Later, he joined La Luna Sangre considered as his first break playing the role of Jake Arguelles. His character was set to become a third person in the love triangle between him, Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla.
Tony Labrusca Info
- First Name: Anthony Angel
- Family Name: Jones Labrusca
- Native name: Anthony Angel Jones Labrusca Jr.
- Also Known as: Anthony
- Nationality: Filipino
- Gender: Male
- Born: August 7, 1995
- Born in: Houston, Texas, United States
- Nationality: American
- Other names: Thony Labrusca
- Occupation: Actor, model, singer
- Years active: 2016–present
- Agent: Star Magic (2016–present)
- Height: 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in),
- Parents: Boom Labrusca (father), Angel Jones (mother)
Tony Labrusca Hobbies & Facts
- He made clear though: “I don’t identify myself as homosexual but I don’t think that matters anymore.” Tony will not fall over backward to change the perception that he is gay.
- His parents are celebrities like him. Tony is the son of former “That’s Entertainment” star Boom Lubrasca and former Kulay band singer Angel Jones. (Yes, his mom is also an Angel.)
- He was the guy in the McDonald’s ad in 2016. In the commercial “Tuloy Pa Rin,” he was the one who broke the heart of Kapamilya actress Elise Joson.
- He competed for the Kapamilya Network’s reality TV show “Pinoy Boyband Superstar” in 2016. Tony showed off his singing talent in the tilt but failed to make it to top 5.
He was the third-wheel of Kathryn Bernard and Daniel Padilla in the ABS-CBN fantserye “La Luna Sangre” in 2017.
- He already starred in indie films. Tony’s acting talent has already been put to test when he did projects which were official entries to two local film festivals for independent films. In “ML”, he acted side by side with multi-awarded actor Eddie Garcia, while in “Double Twisting Double Back,” he got the lead role of a gymnast.
- He is a Star Magic talent. Tony has been among the stars being handled by the Kapamilya Network’s talent arm since 2016.
- He is already an award-winning actor. Despite being a newbie (relatively new, I must say) in the Philippine showbiz industry, Tony has already proven that he can really act. In the 2017 PMPC Awards for TV, he won as the Best New Male TV Personality.
- His singing talent has been recognized, too. In the 2018 MOR Pinoy Music Awards, he was nominated as Best New Artist for the song “Tanging Ikaw.”
- He is Desiree del Valle’s stepson. The famous actress, who rose to fame for her role in the long-running youth-oriented show “Tabing Ilog,” and Tony’s dad got married in January this year.
Tony Labrusca Social Media & More
Watch Tony Labrusca Series & Movies
You can watch Tony Labrusca BL Series and Movies.