Two brothers develop a very close relationship as they are growing up in an idyllic and happy family. When they are young adults their relationship becomes very intimate, romantic, and sexual.
João Gabriel Vasconcellos
Jean Pierre Noher
José Luiz Sasso
Ulisses Malta Jr.
Bruno Testore Schmidt
Fábio S. Limma
Fábio S. Limma
Maria Claudia Reis
André Ehrlich Lucas
Six-year-old Thomas (Gabriel Kaufmann) are very close friends with his half-brother who is twelve-year-old Francisco (Lucas Cotrim). Julieta (Julia Lemmertz) is pleased that her sons have a great relationship. Francisco is from Julieta’s first husband Alexandre (Fabio Assuncao). However, draws the attention of others whether it is healthy for children to be so close.
As the children grow up, the bond between them becomes stronger, and after the death of their parents, 21-year-old Thomas (Rafael Cardoso) and 27-year-old Francisco (Joao Gabriel Vasconcellos) eventually physically approach each other. An irresistible attraction has started to leave itself to love in its intervals.
After starting their relationship officially, Thomas, the swimmer, receives exciting news and learns that he has been accepted to join the Brazilian Olympic team. However, part of the training program is to spend the next three years in a camp with championship swimmers in Russia. Can Thomas stay away from the support of his fellow, lover, brother and boyfriend? Do Começo ao Fim (From the beginning to the End) was specially selected at the 2010 San Francisco International LGBT Film Festival.
From Beginning to End Movie Social Media & More
From Beginning to End Move Info
- Directed by: Aluizio Abranches
- Produced by: Aluizio Abranches, Fernando Libonati, Marco NaniniIker Monfort
- Written by: Aluizio Abranches
- Starring: Rafael Cardoso, João Gabriel Vasconcellos, Júlia Lemmertz, Fábio Assunção
- Music by: André Abujambra
- Cinematography: Ueli Steiger
- Edited by: Fábio S. Limma
- Production company: Lama Filmes
- Distributed by: TLA Releasing
- Release date: November 12, 2009 (Mix Brasil)November 27, 2009 (Brazil)
- Running time: 96 minutes
- Country: Brazil
- Language: Portuguese, Spanish, English
- Budget: $1 million
- Box office: $400,422
From Beginning to End Movie Awards
- Nominee – Prêmio Guarani 2010 – Best Director Aluizio Abranches
- Nominee – Prêmio Guarani 2010 – Best Supporting Actress – Júlia Lemmertz
- Nominee- Prêmio Guarani 2010 – Best Music – André Abujamra
- Nominee – Prêmio Guarani 2010 – Best Newcomer – João Gabriel Vasconcellos