Guardian – 镇魂 (2018) is Chinese Bromance Series. A world beyond scientific understanding, with a group of passionate adults trying to solve cases made by such forces. Zhao Yun Lan and Shen Wei are tasked with maintaining peace between those living in the underworld and humans, and the story will focus on their friendship that transcends past and present lives. Guardian (Chinese: 镇 魂; pinyin: Zhèn Hún) is the 2018 Chinese web drama starring Bai Yu and Zhu Yilong. The series, based on Priest’s 2012 fantasy-BL web novel of the same name, was broadcast on the Youku video platform from June 13 to July 25, 2018. The drama follows Zhao Yunlan (Bai) and Shen Wei (Zhu). a detective and a professor investigating the supernatural. While the novel portrays their relationship as romantic in nature, the web series depicts the relationship as a platonic friendship with the homoerotic subtext, in response to Chinese law prohibiting the depiction of homosexual relationships on television.
The series was hugely popular on the internet and had a total of 1.8 billion views as of August 2018. That same month, the Guardian pulled out of Youku amid a crackdown on “harmful and vulgar” internet content, but was later reloaded.
The Guardian takes place on the Earth-like planet Haixing, inhabited by an indigenous human population and two alien races – Yashou, who can turn into plants and animals, and Dixing, super-powerful beings that live deep underground. The three races have coexisted peacefully since the arrival of Yashou and Dixing more than ten thousand years ago, but were broken by an ancient war declared by Dixing after a meteor attack exhausted their resources. During this war, Haixing and Yashou were led by hero Kunlun, a close companion of the Black Robe Ambassador, who was the leader of a peace-seeking faction within Dixing. The battle was won by Haixing using four sacred tools made of meteorites. At the end of the war, Kunlun disappeared and the Black Robe Ambassador became the overseer of peace between the races while awaiting Kunlun’s return.
Currently, conflict is erupting again between the Dixing and the surface races. Stray Zhao Yunlan leads the Special Investigative Department (SID), a group that works with the Black Robe Ambassador to maintain Peace and investigate cases involving the Dixing people. While investigating an incident at the local university, Zhao is assisted by biological engineering professor Shen Wei. Two men get closer to each other as a mysterious enemy threatens to reignite the war.
- Drama: Guardian
- Country: China
- Episodes: 40
- Aired: Jun 13, 2018 – Jul 25, 2018
- Aired On: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Original Network: Youku
- Original language: Mandarin
- Production Producer: Zhou Yuanzhou
- Production location: Shanghai
- Production companies: Shi Yue Film and Television, Zhe Jiang Sheng Xi Hua Shi, Tai Yang Chuan He Culture and Media, Huan Mi Culture and Communication
- Duration: 45 min.
- Native Title: 镇魂
- Also Known As: Zhen Hun (Zhèn Hún)
- Based on: Guardian by Priest
- Written by Qi Xiaoyu, Ye Fangzhou, Hua Liang
- Screenwriter: Ma Chun Tao, Fu Si Zhen, Han Jing
- Starring: Bai Yu, Zhu Yilong
- Opening theme: “We Won’t be Falling” by Chen Xueran
- Ending theme: “Just Cared Too Much” by Ning Huanyu
- Director: Zhou Yuan Zhou, Gao Han, Xie Yi Hang
- Genres: Friendship, Mystery, Fantasy, Detective, Investigation, Bromance, Censored Adaptation Of Same-sex Original Work, Star Crossed Lovers, Lovers Separated, Death, Adapted From A Novel, Hidden Identity, Obsession, Tragic Past, Power Struggle, Science fiction, Mystery
Guardian Music / OST / Soundtrack
Here you can freely listen to preview tracks from Guardian Original Soundtrack. Album was composed by and was released on July 02, 2018. The soundtrack consists of 19 tracks tracks with a duration of over about 50 minutes. Album was released by The Sound Times Entertainment Media.
Guardian Novel / Book
The Special Investigations Unit is a secret organization devoted to investigating strange events that no one knows about in the city and cannot be understood by the inhabitants.
Guardian Shop Now
Guardian Related Content
- Guardian (Chinese spinoff)
Guardian Social Media & More
Watch Guardian below the link (Red Button)